In light of recent tragedies, both close to home in New York and across the country, we wanted to share some resources. These resources that have helped us start to process and fight the feeling of powerlessness, and we’re posting them here in case you find them helpful, too.
- LiveFree – A campaign designed to minimize gun violence and incarceration in the United States. Donate, join, or just scroll through for more information.
- 30 Actions – A list of 30 things you can do now to combat gun violence, including donating to reform groups, calling your members of Congress, learning about current legislation and more.
- An article that highlights the main arguments used by pro- and anti-gun-control individuals.
- A Vox article from January about the effects of travel bans and whether they prevent terrorism.
- A profile of a New York principal working to keep students safe in the wake of violence.
Do you have any films, books, articles or other resources you’ve turned to recently for strength and motivation? Please feel free to share them with us.