Lead With Love
The leaders of Achievement First are part of a powerful and resourceful team—a team of indomitable educators, families and students—that works hard every day to improve ourselves and our world.
Our leaders bring dedication, passion, high expectations, affirmation and caring to school every day as our kids grow from kindergarten through high school graduation. Our leaders don’t want to simply be part of a charter network; they want to join a committed team that chooses to row together, care for one another and amplify their collective impact.
Leading with Achievement First
At Achievement First, we know a dynamic school leadership team is vital when it comes to fulfilling our mission of providing an excellent and equitable education to all of our scholars. We’re looking for school leaders with proven track-records of inspiring teachers and scholars to exceptional outcomes. Because we think that caring about your people means investing in their growth and future.
Click below to read about our leadership roles.
- Principals are responsible for the overall vision and management of their schools. They are charged with leading academic initiatives and programs related to school culture that will lead to student achievement and a strong school environment. Principals also oversee the professional development of all instructional staff and coach a portfolio of teachers and deans. View the full job description or start your application here.
- The Principal Fellowship is typically an 18-month program, beginning each July, that supports future school leaders in their development as they prepare to become a principal. Principal Fellows have leader positions at AF schools where they learn from talented mentor principals, and also participate in a network-wide professional development program including skill-building, excellent school visits, and best practice sharing throughout the year. Click here to learn more or start your application here.
- Academic Deans work to ensure that every student reaches the ambitious goals for schoolwide levels of mastery. They coach a portfolio of teachers and frequently assumes ownership of a particular subject or grade level. View the full job description or start your application here.
Deans of School Culture
- The Dean of School Culture leads school-wide efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive, achievement-oriented school where scholars grow in a warm and joyful environment. They coach a portfolio of teachers and frequently assumes ownership of a particular subject or grade level. View the full job description or start your application here.
Deans of Special Services
- The Dean of Special Services drives ambitious student achievement by overseeing the IEP process and special services, serving as a liaison to the local special education authority and managing the learning specialists, interventionists and special education teachers at the school and reports to the principal. View the full job description or start your application here.