External Referral Program Rules
Thank you for your interest in our referral program. A referral is any individual who you think would be a great fit for a school based Instructional, Leadership or Operations role at Achievement First. If your referral is hired, you will be eligible for $250.
Please read carefully to ensure your referral submission meets all the requirements to be bonus eligible.
What are the External Referral Rules?
- Referrals expire 1 year after they have been submitted. All referrals are valid for 1 year. You will only need to resubmit your referral when they are expired after that 1 calendar year, please resubmit their information using the official External Referral portal.
- You must be the first person to refer the candidate to Team Recruit within a given the referral window (1 year) to be eligible for a bonus.
- Should two people refer the same person within the referral window (1 year), the bonus will be awarded to the first person to submit the referral form.
- Should two people refer to the same person but within different referral windows, the bonus will be awarded to the person that referred within the referral window (1 year).
- A referral is someone who has not applied or interviewed with Achievement First within the referral window (1 year) or application window (1 year).
- Referral window example: if Person A submits a referral (Person B) on September 5th, 2023, the referral window will end 1 year later on September 5th, 2024. All referrals submitted within the 1 year referral window will be deemed invalid. After the referral window ends, anyone else is welcome to submit Person B as a referral.
- Application window example: if a candidate submits an application on September 5th, 2023, the application window will end 1 year later on September 5th, 2024. All referrals submitted for the candidate within the 1 year application window will be deemed invalid. After the application window ends, anyone is welcome to submit the candidate as a referral.
How do I submit the referral?
- All referrals must be submitted through our official portal for you to be eligible for $250.
Who can I refer?
- Associate Teachers
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for an updated list on our highest priority roles.
What if I am experiencing technical difficulties and am unable to submit an external referral through the official portal?
- Email email@example.com with your referral’s resume and let us know the technical difficulties you’re facing and the role they’re interested in applying for”
When does my referral expire?
- Referrals expires 1 year after it has been submitted. All referrals are valid for 1 year. You will only need to resubmit your referral when they are expired after that 1 calendar year.
When do I receive my referral bonus?
- Bonuses for referrals hired for a position in the 2023-24 school year will be paid out in September 2023 if your referral is still an employee with Achievement First on September 1, 2023, and has worked at AF for at least 30 days.
- Bonuses for Immediate roles will also be paid out in November 2023, February 2024, April 2024, and June 2024, if your referral is still an employee with Achievement First 30 days after their first day of work.
- “September 2023: Referrals hired before September and have worked at AF for at least 30 days”
- “November 2023: Referrals hired before November and have worked at AF for at least 30 days”
How will I receive my referral bonus?
- A check will be mailed to the address you provide to us.