Achievement First is a non-profit network of high-quality, free, public charter schools. We started with a single middle school in New Haven, Connecticut; and we’ve grown to 41 K-12 public charter schools in three states.
What does it mean to be a charter school network?
- We admit students by blind lottery and there are never admission tests or fees.
- We welcome all students, including students with disabilities and kids who haven’t yet learned English.
- A non-profit (Achievement First) runs our schools instead of the local school district.
- Our schools are accountable to the State Board of Education. They have fewer restrictions than local districts, and that allows more room for innovation.
- Charter schools like ours must meet state performance goals, or they can be closed. That’s why charter schools are some of the most accountable public schools there are.
National Alliance for Public Charter Schools
National Charter School Resource Center
Northeast Charter Schools Network