Enrollment season is open, and it’s a perfect time to join Achievement First! You can enroll your child in our lottery and attend one of our free, public charter schools in Connecticut, New York, or Rhode Island. And, what makes those schools special? There are many reasons to join Achievement First. Here are 10!
Our students excel. Whether in speech & debate competitions or robotics competitions, on state tests or on college applications – are students are developing the tools they need to succeed.
- We have high expectations. You hold your child to a high bar, and you want their school to do the same. We set high expectations for all our students because we know they can exceed them. And they do.
- Community is important. Your child does best in a tight-knit, safe and welcoming community where everyone knows their name, and everyone is a Team & Family.
- We have talented teachers & leaders. You want your child to learn from educators who ensure your child is safe, loved and learning, and who will stop at nothing to help them develop the skills they need to succeed in college and the world.
- We value personalized learning. You want your child to have access to individualized, small group and whole-class learning. Here we meet students where they are, and design our approach to help all learners, including multilingual learners and students who need special education services.
- We have strong extracurriculars. You want your child to have an enriching school experience. Enrichments vary at our schools, and include music, theater, art, band, debate, coding and robotics, sports and more
We spend more time learning. Our extended school day and longer school year mean opportunities to focus on reading and math. Over the course of a K-12 education, this amounts to an extra year in school.
- Our kids make rapid progress. At AF, we’re all about your child’s journey – helping them get from where they are academically to where they CAN be. We love seeing our students’ learning take off!
- Teachers and parents connect. Whether your student is excelling or struggling, whether they had a great day or a tough one, our teachers stay in constant communication with families to support all students.
We’ll help your child succeed in college, career and life. Once your child is enrolled at AF, we are committed to them through high school graduation and we continue to support them as they continue their college or career journeys. All of our high school students take Advanced Placement classes, and all will have the opportunity to go to college. After they graduate high school, our counselors are there to continue to provide support!