To limit exposure for students and staff, and to ensure we minimize the number of people within the building to allow for social distancing and limited exposure, we are maintaining a temporary change to our building entrance policy for Achievement First schools until further notice. (NY and Hartford schools co-located in D/BOE buildings must defer to the D/BOE’s guidance if it is more restrictive.)
Anyone entering the building must pass a health screening and wear an acceptable mask. If there is a building closure, access will not be permitted to any individuals unless communicated otherwise by the Director of Operations.
At this point in time, we are allowing entrance for the following individuals who are not an Achievement First staff member or student:
- Student food service providers (RevFoods, Whitsons)
- Delivery couriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.), who will be dropping deliveries in one spot in the building so as to enter and leave quickly
- Related service providers (Occupational/Physical/Speech therapy, Counselors, etc.)
- State agency workers (ACS, CPS, DCFS) and emergency workers responding to a crisis (EMT, fire department)
- After-school programming run by external partners (if allowed by our local districts, and if the provider follows all AF safety protocols)
We strongly encourage meetings between families and staff be completed via phone or video.
At this point in time, we are not allowing entrance in to our buildings for the following:
- Family members during arrival or dismissal, including when there is inclement weather, or if a scholar arrives tardy or must depart early (A staff member will escort the scholar to/from the entrance. Family members must remain outside.
- Large events, including Report / Progress Report Card Night and Goal Team Meetings, where families are in the building for more than 10 minutes
- Classroom observations or celebrations hosted by a family member
- Visits by members of the extended community, including Board Members, elected officials, community leader/organizations, family members of school staff, staff members of other AF schools, and prospective parents, staff, students, or donors
- Guest lecturers
- Graduate school advisors
- Food delivery for an individual or group
- Contract workers or temporary employees contracted through a temp agency that are not consistent service providers or who are not core to instruction
The above is not wholly comprehensive of everyone who may need/want to enter a school building. Questions, or requests to enter the building by individuals not named above or for circumstances not named above, should be directed to the Director of School Operations.