The following applies to anyone who is not a staff member or student in the school building.
To limit exposure for our on-site students and staff and minimize the number of people within the building to allow for social distancing, we are updating our building entrance policy. This policy is applicable when Achievement First schools are open; if a building shuts down, access will not be permitted to anyone unless communicated otherwise by the school’s Director of Operations.
If someone is not a staff member or student at the school and wants to enter the building, they must contact the school’s Main Office 24 hours in advance to establish an appointment time. This includes family members of students. Appointments will only be scheduled for instances that cannot be done via phone/video and are absolutely necessary.
All permitted visitors must complete a health screening and wear an appropriate mask, as defined by our mask policy. If any individual has COVID-19 symptoms, has had symptoms within the past 14 days, has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the past 14 days, or traveled to a state on the quarantined list in the last 14 days, they will not be allowed into the building.
What does this mean for family members of Achievement First scholars?
This means we’re not allowing entrance for the following reasons:
- Family/Staff meetings. These should be completed via phone/video. If this presents a problem, please reach out to the Main Office.
- During arrival or dismissal, even if there is inclement weather.
- If a scholar arrives late or must depart early. A staff member will escort the scholar to/from the entrance. Family members must remain outside.
- Observations of classrooms.
Who else is and is not allowed into the building?
Currently, we are not allowing entrance into our buildings for the following:
- Board Member visits
- Elected Official visits
- Community-based organizations and other community organizations/leaders we directly partner with or prospective partners
- After-school programming run by external partners
- Prospective parents/staff/students/donors
- Graduate school advisors
- Food delivery (for an individual, or group)
- School-based staff visiting another school
- Family members/children of school staff
- Contract workers or temporary employees contracted through a temp agency
- School-based staff members who are working remotely but want to pick something up from the building.
We are allowing entrance for the following:
- Student food service providers (RevFoods, Whitsons)
- Delivery couriers (UPS, FedEx, USPS, etc.), who will drop deliveries in one spot in the building so as to enter and leave quickly.
- Related service providers (Occupational/Physical/Speech therapy, Counselors, etc.).
- In a situation where a member of our school community’s safety is in jeopardy, state agency workers (ACS, DCFS) and emergency workers responding to a crisis (EMT, fire department) will be granted access to the building.
The above is not wholly comprehensive of everyone who may need/want to enter a school building. Questions or requests to enter the building by individuals not named above or for circumstances not named above should be directed to the school’s Director of School Operations.