It’s time to say goodbye to apple picking and pumpkin carving and hello to some winter fun! We know how important it is to keep students engaged, learning, and safe during the holiday break so we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite winter activities for kids. From delicious recipes to DIY projects, make the most of this season with something the whole family can enjoy!
Elementary school activities:
- Bring the winter wonder inside your home with 3D snowflakes.
- You don’t need to visit Alaska to go ice fishing (you don’t even need to leave your home).
- Curl up by the fireplace and enjoy some yummy s’mores.
- Feeling festive? Decorate your living room with pine cone garlands!
- Avoid the winter blues with morning meditation for kids.
- Make your hot cocoa even sweeter with hot chocolate spoons.
- Who says snowmen have to be made of snow? Stay warm indoors and make a puppet snowman instead!
Middle and high school activities:
- Looking for something fancy, festive, and full of flavor? Check out these winter mocktail recipes.
- Stay zen this winter with yoga for beginners or turn it up a notch and get active with our very own Coach Lo from Achievement First.
- Out of gift ideas? How about a homemade candle or a DIY snow globe?
- We know it’s harder to stay connected with loved ones this year, which is why we love these holiday cards.
- Bring some light and magic to your room with a mason jar candle or surprise a friend with this crafty gift.
- Remember the classic volcano experiments in class? Now, you can make them in the snow!
- Put on your best apron and try out this sweet and salty dessert (you only need 3 ingredients!).
Is your family doing any of these winter activities for kids at home? We’d love to see! Send photos to us at email@example.com or tag us on Instagram @achievement1st for a chance to be featured on AF’s social media pages.