As we continue to adjust to the impacts of COVID-19, we are living our values now more than ever. We know many folks are looking for new things to do with families and kids at home, so we’ve rounded up some fun online resources. From virtual zoo visits to read-alouds from your favorite authors, check out our list of remote activities!
- Achievement First Resources
- Expeditions at Home: Explore exciting careers through virtual expeditions, hands on projects, games and simulations, videos, and other resources.
- Greenfield Enrichment: Watch enrichment videos and explore a variety of external resources from performances to museum visits.
- Cello Maestro Yo-Yo Ma: Follow the hashtag #SongsOfComfort on Twitter to listen to recordings of Yo-Yo Ma playing the cello
- Lunchtime Doodles with Mo Willems: Draw, doodle, and explore new ways of writing
- The New York Philharmonic: Watch 150 hours of performances online
- Treasure Trunk Theatre: Explore drama through movement, music, theatre games, and visual arts
- GoNoodle: Movement and mindfulness videos created by child development experts
- Frozen: A Cosmic Kids Yoga Adventure: An epic kids yoga adventure inspired by Disney’s Frozen
- FunikiJam: Groove to fun music videos and songs
- Virtual Yoga Classes for Kids: Short, kid-friendly yoga classes
- Brains on!: A science podcast for kids
- The Mouse Learning Network: Activities to keep young people learning STEM and computer science
- Cool Math: Math for all ages—explanations that are easy to grasp on topics like algebra, pre-calculus, and more
- Studio Code: Fun computer science tutorials, videos, and coding projects
- Bill Nye: Check this out for experiments you can try at home.
- Amplify Science: Self-guided science lessons. Click on your grade and pick a lesson.
- NASA Kids Club: A place to play games and learn about NASA.
- National Geographic Kids: At-home science experiments, videos, articles, and more.
- Find Your Voice with Angie Thomas: Author of The Hate U Give, Angie’s “Find Your Voice” journal will ignite creativity and help bring your unique stories to life
- Story Pirates Podcast: Listen to stories submitted for kids by kids
Digital Read-alouds by Authors
- Eva Chen: “Juno Valentine” books
- Julia Cook: “I Am A Booger: Treat Me With Respect!”
- Mac Barnett: “Mac Undercover”
More Digital Read-alouds
- HarperKids: Various stories and authors of classic children’s books
- Spanish children’s stories: Various stories and authors of well-known children’s stories translated and read in Spanish
- Oprah Winfrey: “The Hula-Hoopin’ Queen” by thelma Lynne Godin
Museums you can “Tour” from Home
- National Gallery of Art, U.S.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art, U.S.
- National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea
- Van Gogh Museum, Netherlands
- National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico
- British Museum, England
- Uffizi Gallery, Italy
Parks and Nature
- Kenai Fjords National Park, Alaska
- Hawai’i Volcanoes National Park, Hawaii
- Carlsbad Caverns National Park, New Mexico
Zoos & Animal Webcams
- Atlanta’s Zoo Panda Cam
- Cincinnati Zoo
- Explore Live Cams
- San Diego Zoo
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo & Conservation Biology Institute
- Georgia Aquarium
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bears
- Hogwarts Digital Escape Room: An interactive adventure full of challenging puzzles
- Scholastic Learn at Home: Day-by-day projects to help kids learn and grow
- TasteBuds Kitchen: Kid-friendly cooking videos
- New York Public Library: Remote learning resources for kids & teens
- Free online tutoring from the NY Public Library here
Is your family doing any of these activities at home? We’d love to see! Send photos to us at email@example.com for a chance to be featured on AF’s social media pages.